Sunday 17 December 2023

Hedgewitch House

In my last post, I mentioned the work of Joy Cox of Adora Bella Minis...she does the most amazing 1/48th Scale dolls but they are so sort after they are near on impossible to buy. I love her old people and tried to purchase some but no sooner than figures were posted on her website, they were snapped up. Now, I’m a member of several quarter scale groups on Facebook and one day a lady posted a selection of quarter scale Joy Cox dolls for sale. Knowing how rare they were, I bought as many as I could afford and ended up with a witch, two young witches, two ghosts, and two old ladies.

This far I hadn’t planned to do a witches house but, as is the way, chance had pushed me in a new direction and I now had to find a home for my lovely figures. I decided on Petite Properties Pumpkin House. I wanted a nice homely dwelling where my adult witch could teach her craft to her two young wards. No scary witches for me. The instructions were the same as for the Watchtower, thorough but no frills. So I planned my modifications before hand. I decided to go for a render on the walls and clay stonework on the striking chimney. All the floors would be boarded and the internal walls painted a simple colour.



The house went together a treat. I made the furniture mainly from PP kits. At the Kensington Dolls House Fair, I’d bought a few bags of Offcuts at the Petite Properties stand so I made good use of them, my idea was to have the two naughty girls mixing potions downstairs while the older witch tidies upstairs and the a ghost or two peeking out from hiding places.










I was really pleased with the finished house. Now I have to find a home for my two old grannies!

No comments:

Post a Comment